- The Programme has been blended to create knowledge and skill development needed for effective utilization and management of human resources within the parameters of Rural Development.
- It aims at providing a holistic perspective of schemes/programmes of central and state govts. in building and strengthening grass root level organizations through participatory development.
- It is innovative, skill and employment oriented to attract bright students to the discipline of rural development thus, ensuring University – Industry interface under CSR Programme.
- It offers an opportunity to interact with administrators, community leaders, NGOs and professionals helping the students to understand the broad framework of development in rural India.
Highlights of the Course:
- Duration of the Course – Minimum: 1 year and 6 months, Maximum: 4 years.
- Conduct of Classes – Weekend for 4 hours (preferably on Sundays)
- Total Counseling Sessions – 48, Study Hours – 1440 hours.
- Evaluation – Based on Assignments, Term end Examinations and Project/Field Work
- Course Coverage – Inclusion of Project Work, Case Studies and Field visits to understand practical aspects of Rural Programmes / Schemes.
- Students who want to pursue Rural Development Specialist / Analyst as a career.
- Students pursuing Post Graduation courses in any discipline can join in this course for enhancement of knowledge about rural development.
- OSOU learners who are pursuing DRD can join PGDRD through lateral entry to third semester.
Minimum Qualification - Graduation in any discipline
The Course shall be taught with Self Learning Material, e-learning materials, OERs, Contact Classes, Field visits and Project Works.
Pass out students:
- Can join in NGOs, CBOs, Projects of Funding Agencies (UNDP, World Bank, JICA,DFID),CSR Units of Corporate/Business houses.
- Can join in Rural Development Organizations / Institutions as Social Worker, Community Mobilizer.
- Can set up Small Scale Industry in rural areas supported by State govt. institutions like ORMAS, DDUGKY (Aajeebika), Indian Red Cross Society, District Rural Development Agency (DRDA) or District Industry Centre(DIC) of any district.
- Can join in State Livelihoods Mission under Panchayati Raj Dept / Rural Development Dept. of the state as manager or programme coordinator.
COURSE 01- Rural Society
COURSE 02- Rural Development in India
COURSE 03- Rural Social Problems
COURSE 04- Rural Development Institutions & Entrepreneurship
COURSE 05- Rural Resource Management
COURSE 06- Rural Development in Odisha
COURSE 07- Soft Skill Development
COURSE 08- ICT and Geo-Informatics for Rural Development
COURSE 09- Communication and Extension in Rural Development
COURSE 10- Research and Project Work
Lateral Entry for DRD Students of OSOU:
Students of OSOU currently pursuing DRD/CRD can join PGDRD through Lateral Entry in 3rd Semester. Programme fee for Lateral Entry students is less than the direct entry. Minimum duration for completion of both DRD & PGDRD is eighteen months and maximum duration for completion is four years.
Programme activated in following Study Centres:
- Govt. Autonomous College, Angul (0101)
- Malyagiri Mahavidyalaya, Pallahara (0102)
- Fakir Mohan Autonomous College, Balasore (0201)
- Panchayat College, Bargarh (0301)
- Bhadrak Autonomous College, Bhadrak (0401)
- Rajendra (Auto) College, Bolangir (0501)
- JKBK College, Cuttack (0701)
- Dhenkanal Mahila Mahavidyalaya, Dhenkanal (0901)
- Sri Krushna Chandra Gajapati (Autonomous) College, Paralakhemundi (1001)
- S.B.R. Govt. Women's College, Berhampur (1101)
- Swami Vivekananda Memorial (Autonomous) College, Jagatsinghpur (1201)
- Narasingh Choudhury (Autonomous) College, Jajpur (1301)
- Baruneswar Mohavidyalaya, Arei, Jajpur (1303)
- Women's College, Jharsuguda (1401)
- Govt. (Auto) College, Bhawanipatna (1501)
- Kendrapada Autonomous College, Kendrapada (1701)
- S.N. College, Rajkaniak (1702)
- Chandra Sekhar College, Champua (1801)
- Prananath College (Autonomous), Khurda (1902)
- Rajdhani College, Bhubaneswar (1903)
- State Institute of Rural Development & Panchayati Raj, Bhubaneswar (1905)
- Vikram Deb (Auto) College, Jeypore (2001)
- Government College, Koraput (2002)
- Govt. +2 Science College, Malkangiri (2101)
- Balimela College Of Science and Technology, Balimela (2102)
- MPC Autonomous College, Baripada (2201)
- Nowrangpur College, Nabarangpur (2301)
- Nayagarh (Autonomus) College, Nayagarh (2401)
- Samanta Chandra Sekhar (Autonomous) College, Puri (2601)
- Rayagada Autonomous College, Rayagada (2701)
- Gunupur Degree College, Gunupur (2702)
- G.M. University, Sambalpur (2801)
- Sonepur College, Subarnapur (2901)
- Rourkela Government Autonomous College, Rourkela (3001)