Post Graduate Diploma in Media Management (PGDMM)
||Post Graduate Diploma in Media Management
|Medium of Study
Jyoti Prakash Mohapatra
The objective of this programme is to make the learners understand media businesses and the drivers of the media economy. This programme intends to develop critical appreciation and impart effective skills for managing various functions of the media houses. The programme blends the general principles and theories of management and their practical applications for managing the contemporary and emerging media organisation.
After the successful completion of this programme the learners should be able to:
- State the general principles and theories of management and how they can be applied for smooth functioning of media organisations.
- Demonstrate managerial skills for different functional areas like marketing, finance, human resource management.
- Develop integrated strategies using a wide variety of tools and techniques to meet the emerging challenges in the field of media.
Highlights of the Course:
- Duration of the Course: 1.5 years (minimum) and 4 years (maximum)
- Conduct of Classes: On weekends for 4 hours (preferably on Sundays)
- Total Counselling Sessions: 48
- Study Hours: 1440
- Evaluation Methodology: Based on assignments and Term End Examination (TEE) for each semester
Media professionals and individuals interested to pursue career in managing media
Eligibility Criteria: +3 pass / Graduate
The Course shall be taught with Self-Learning Materials, E-learning Materials, OERs, Video Lectures and Project Assignments.
Programme activated in following Study Centres:
- JKBK College, Cuttack (0701)
- S.B.R. Govt. Women's College, Berhampur (1101)
- Narasingh Choudhury (Autonomous) College, Jajpur (1301)
- BJB Autonomous College, Bhubaneswar (1901)
- Rajdhani College, Bhubaneswar (1903)
- G.M. University, Sambalpur (2801)