Diploma in Media Management (DMM)
||Diploma in Media Management
|Medium of Study
Jyoti Prakash Mohapatra
This programme intends to develop critical appreciation and impart effective skills for various managing functions of the media houses. The programme blends the general principles and theories of management and their practical applications for managing the contemporary and emerging media organisation.
After the successful completion of this programme the learners should be able to:
- State the general principles and theories of management and how they can be applied for smooth functioning of media organisations.
- Demonstrate managerial skills for different functional areas like marketing, finance and human resource management.
Highlights of the Course:
- Duration of the Course: 1 year (minimum) and 4 years (maximum)
- Conduct of Classes: On weekends for 4 hours (preferably on Sundays)
- Total Counselling Sessions: 32
- Study Hours: 960
- Evaluation Methodology: Based on assignments and Term End Examination (TEE) for each semester
Media professionals and individuals interested to pursue career in managing media
Eligibility Criteria: +2 pass
The Course shall be taught with Self-Learning Materials, E-learning Materials, OERs, Video Lectures and Project Assignments.
Course-01: Communication Concepts, History, Law and Ethics
Course-02: Management Principles and Applications
Course-03: Public Relations, Advertising & Media Management
Course-04: Management of Media Organisations
Course-05: Marketing Management
Course-06: Finance and Accounting for Management
Course-07: HRM and OB
Course-08: Information Technology for Business
Programme activated in following Study Centres:
- S.B.R. Govt. Women's College, Berhampur (1101)
- Khallikote Autonomous College, Berhampur (1104)
- Narasingh Choudhury (Autonomous) College, Jajpur (1301)
- Rajdhani College, Bhubaneswar (1903)
- G.M. University, Sambalpur (2801)