- The Programme has been blended to create knowledge and skill development needed for effective utilization and management of human resources within the parameters of Rural Development.
- It aims at providing a holistic perspective of schemes/programmes of central and state govts. in building and strengthening grass root level organizations through participatory development.
- It is innovative, skill and employment oriented to attract bright students to the discipline of rural development thus, ensuring University – Industry interface under CSR Programme.
- It offers an opportunity to interact with administrators, community leaders, NGOs and professionals helping the students to understand the broad framework of development in rural India.
Highlights of the Course:
- Duration of the Course – Minimum: 6 months, Maximum: 2 years.
- Conduct of Classes – Weekend for 4 hours (preferably on Sundays)
- Total Counseling Sessions – 16, Study Hours – 480 hours.
- Evaluation – Based on Assignments and Term end Examinations.
1. Students who want to pursue Rural Development Specialist / Analyst as a career.
2. Students pursuing Graduation or Post Graduation courses in any discipline can join in this course for enhancement of knowledge about rural development.
Criteria: Minimum Qualification - +2 Pass
Pedagogy: The Course shall be taught with Self Learning Material, e-learning materials, OERs, Contact Classes.
Career Opportunities: Pass out students:
- Can join in NGOs, CBOs, Projects of Funding Agencies (UNDP, World Bank, JICA,DFID),CSR Units of Corporate/Business houses.
- Can join in Rural Development Organizations / Institutions as Social Worker, Community Mobilizer.
- Can set up Small Scale Industry in rural areas supported by State govt. institutions like ORMAS, DDUGKY (Aajeebika), Indian Red Cross Society, District Rural Development Agency (DRDA) or District Industry Centre(DIC) of any district.
- Can join in State Livelihoods Mission under Panchayati Raj Dept / Rural Development Dept. of the state as manager or programme coordinator.
RD 01- Rural Society
RD 02- Rural Development in India
RD 03- Rural Social Problems