- To promote understanding of the operations of public organizations in political, social, legal, and economic environments.
- To understand and analyze policies, programs, problems, and issues and make pertinent recommendations
- To promote familiarity with the substantive character of, and problems in the implementation of specific areas of public policy.
- The main objective of the programme is to impart the students the important skills like conceptual, entrepreneurial, and analytical skills for the acquisition of academic theory and skills to foster an ethical and enduring commitment to the public service values of serving the public interest with accountability and transparency.
- To encourage students to acquire knowledge, skills and capabilities arising from the need for a more efficient and effective public administration
- To equip the students for seeking suitable employment.
- To impart knowledge and develop understanding of research methodology and its application for research relevant to problems of governance.
- After completing the course learners will have a fair understanding of theories, concepts and practices relevant to public administration and its sub-fields.
- They can also prepare themselves for a career in teaching and research.
- After completing the course, learners will assess their knowledge and experience of ethics and integrity in public service and reflect on ways to incorporate public service values in administering agencies, policies and programs.
- Learners with strong knowledge in public administration can deal with critical issues such as helping organizations meet the ever-changing needs of the general population while at the same time implementing information technologies that better connect citizens and their governmental representatives, and improving responses to natural disasters.
Highlights of the Course:
Duration of the Course – Minimum: 2 years, Maximum: 5years.
Conduct of Classes: Weekend for 4 hours (preferably on Sundays)
Course Fees: Rs 5000/Year
Eligiblity Criteria: Graduation or +3 Pass in any discipline
Evaluation – Based on Assignments, Term end Examinations and Project work (viva voce + Report) Course Coverage – Theory, Practical and Project Work.
- Learners with graduate degree in the discipline of Public Administration or graduates in any other discipline who have a keen interest and are ready for exploring career opportunities in Public Administration.
- Working personnel working in public sector or non-governmental sector to impart skills needed for a public sector environment.
Pedagogy: The Course shall be taught through the interactive, Self-guided Learning Materials, OERs as reference materials, Week-end Counseling Classes, Video Lectures, Project Works.
Total Credits: 72
|SEMESTER 1(18 CREDITS)
||State, Society and Public Administration
||Public Systems Management
|SEMESTER 2(18 CREDITS)
||Human Resource Management
||Public Policy and Analysis
||Decentralisation and Local Governance
|SEMESTER 3(18 CREDITS)
||Research Methods and Methodologies
|SEMESTER 4(18 CREDITS)
||India: Democracy and Development
||Management of Financial Services
Programme activated in following Study Centres:
- Govt. Autonomous College, Angul (0101)
- Fakir Mohan Autonomous College, Balasore (0201)
- Rajendra (Auto) College, Bolangir (0501)
- JKBK College, Cuttack (0701)
- Ravenshaw University, Cuttack (0703)
- S.B.R. Govt. Women's College, Berhampur (1101)
- Govt. (Auto) College, Bhawanipatna (1501)
- BJB Autonomous College, Bhubaneswar (1901)
- Vikram Deb (Auto) College, Jeypore (2001)
- MPC Autonomous College, Baripada (2201)
- G.M. University, Sambalpur (2801)
- Rourkela Government Autonomous College, Rourkela (3001)