- To develop proficiency in English Language.
- To impart post graduate-level education in english literature so as to enhance the ability to use current theoretical approaches to literary study.
- To provide advanced English literature and knowledge, perspectives and skills to a wide cross section of learners, including those in remote and inaccessible area of the state.
- To synthesize learners for a wide understanding of literary characteristics, themes, and/or approaches in several literary texts.
- To give the learners a sound understanding of English and American literatures and also other new areas in literature such as, Canadian, Australian and Indian English.
- The pre-requisite of the programme is to equip learners with a good knowledge of reading, comprehension and writing skills
After completing the course: ,
- Learner will have fair understanding detailing the development and current practices of literary studies, rhetoric etc
- Will be able to describe rhetoric contextually and comparatively and/or to historicize and theorize emerging forms of composition and expression.
- Will demonstrate critical and analytical skills in the interpretation and evaluation of literary texts.
- A learner will have the ability to demonstrate command over written english, including the abilities to organize and present material proficiently.
- Students will gain further research, writing, and analytical skills to be utilized in their future professional and academic endeavors.
- Students will have career opportunities in Journalism, Interpreter, Advertising, Instructional Designing, Linguistics, Editors.
Highlights of the Programme:
Duration of the Course – Minimum: 2 years, Maximum: 5years.
Conduct of Classes: Weekend for 4 hours (preferably on Sundays)
Course Fees: Rs 5000/Year
Eligiblity Criteria: Graduation or +3 Pass in any discipline
Evaluation– Based on Assignments , Term end Examinations .
- The graduate learners of any discipline who want to improve their proficiency in English language and, those who have a genuine interest in literature.
- The learners who have a keen interest for the language and look forward for career prospect in it.
The Course shall be taught through the interactive, Self-guided Learning Materials, OERs as reference materials, Week-end Counseling Classes, Video Lectures, Project Works.
|Syllabus-First Year (1st and 2nd Semesters)
|SEMESTER 1 (16 CREDITS)
|SEMESTER 2 (16 CREDITS)
||Aspects of Language
|Syllabus -Second Year (3rd and 4th Semester)
|SEMESTER 3 (Choose 16 credits only)
||Literary Criticism and Theory(Compulsory)
||Indian English Literature
||New Literatures in English
|SEMESTER 4 ( Choose 16 credits only)
||English Studies in India
||A Survey Course in 20th Century Canadian Literature
||Contemporary Indian Literature in English Translation
|Total Cumulative Credits
Programme activated in following Study Centres:
- Govt. Autonomous College, Angul (0101)
- Fakir Mohan Autonomous College, Balasore (0201)
- Bhadrak Autonomous College, Bhadrak (0401)
- Rajendra (Auto) College, Bolangir (0501)
- Ravenshaw University, Cuttack (0703)
- Deogarh College, Deogarh (0801)
- Sri Krushna Chandra Gajapati (Autonomous) College, Paralakhemundi (1001)
- S.B.R. Govt. Women's College, Berhampur (1101)
- Vyasanagar Autonomous College, Jajpur-Road (1302)
- Govt. (Auto) College, Bhawanipatna (1501)
- Kendrapada Autonomous College, Kendrapada (1701)
- Dharnidhar Autonomous College, Keonjhar (1802)
- BJB Autonomous College, Bhubaneswar (1901)
- Vikram Deb (Auto) College, Jeypore (2001)
- National College, Nuapada (2501)
- Samanta Chandra Sekhar (Autonomous) College, Puri (2601)
- G.M. University, Sambalpur (2801)
- Sonepur College, Subarnapur (2901)