In today’s cyber world, it is important for every cyber citizen to understand and appreciate cyber security as it has becomes an essential aspects of our daily life. This programme provides learners with concepts of computer and Information security, cryptography, digital money, secure protocols for Internet Security, Intrusion detection and other security techniques.
This programme emphasizes and aims to impart the learners
- To gain insight into the importance of cyber security and the integral role of cyber security professionals to develop a high level of professional ethics.
- To explore foundational cyber security principles, security architecture, attacks, incidents, and emerging IT Security Technologies.
- To be familiar with key terms and concepts in cyber law, Security Standards, intellectual property rights and Acts on IT Security.
- To be able to understand principles of web application security and network security.
- To develop an understanding of security policies (such as confidentiality, integrity, and availability), as well as protocols to implement such policies.
- The awareness of cyber crimes and fraudulent activities over the Internet applications.
- To learn about securing the Internet connections and transactions.
Upon the completion of this programme the learners will be able to understand, appreciate, employ, design and implement appropriate security technologies and policies to protect computers, digital information and Internet Transactions.
Highlights of the Course:
Duration of the Course – Minimum: 1 year, Maximum: 4 years.
Conduct of Classes – Weekend for 4 hours (preferably on Sundays)
Total Counseling Sessions – Theory- 42 sessions (82 hours), Practical- 28 session (84 hours)
Study Hours – 1440 hours.
Evaluation – Based on Assignments (theory+ practical), Term end Examinations (theory + practical) and Project work (viva voce + Report) Course Coverage – Theory, Practical and Project Work.
Graduate of IT or Computer Science with interest in Cyber Security
Graduates with Diploma in Cyber Security/ Information Security
Graduate or Post graduate in any discipline Interested in IT / Cyber Security as a career.
Persons with Cyber security experiences in Security Audit and Incident Reporting
Information Security, Government and Legal Professionals.
Those who are pursuing/completed DCS from OSOU (through Lateral Entry)
Minimum Qualification: + 3 Pass or equivalent in any Discipline
Pedagogy:The Course shall be taught through the interactive, Self-guided Learning Materials, OERs as reference materials, Week-end Counseling Classes, Video Lectures, Project Works.
Career Opportunities:After successful completion of this programme, the learners may excel in their career as:
- Cyber Security Consultants
- Cyber Security Analyst
- Systems and Networks Security Professional
- IT Security Officer
- IT Infrastructure Analyst
- Quality and Security Analyst
PGDCS-01- Operating Systems
PGDCS-02- Data Communication and Computer Networks
PGDCS-03- Information Security
PGDCS-04- Application Cyber Security
PGDCS-05- Network Cyber Security
PGDCS-06- Minor Project
PGDCS-07- White Hat Hacking
PGDCS-08- Security Analysis and Reporting
PGDCS-09- Major Project
Lateral Entry for DCS Students of OSOU:
Students of OSOU currently pursuing DCS can join PGDCS through Lateral Entry in 3rd Semester. Programme fee for Lateral Entry students is Rs. 2500. Minimum duration for completion of both DCS & PGDCS is eighteen months and maximum duration for completion is four years.