- To gain insight into the importance of cyber security and the integral role of cyber security professionals to develop a high level of professional ethics.
- To explore foundational cyber security principles, security architecture, attacks, incidents, and emerging IT Security Technologies.
- To be familiar with key terms and concepts in cyber law, Security Standards, intellectual property rights and Acts on IT Security.
- To be able to understand principles of web application security and network security.
- After completing the course, a learner will have fair understanding about Cyber Security
- Upon the completion of this programme the learners will be able to understand, appreciate, employ, design and implement appropriate security technologies and policies to protect computers, digital information and Internet Transactions.
- After completing the course, a learner can also prepare themselves for a career in teaching and research.
- After successful completion of this programme, the learners may excel in their career as:
- Cyber Security Consultants
- Cyber Security Analyst
- Systems and Networks Security Professional
- IT Security Officer
- IT Infrastructure Analyst
- Quality and Security Analyst
Highlights of the Programme:
Duration of the Course – Minimum: 2 years, Maximum: 5 years.
Conduct of Classes : Weekend for 2 hours of theory and 3 hours of practical (preferably on Sundays)
Course Fees : Rs 10000/Year
Eligiblity Criteria: BSc(any discipline) or,
BCA(with +2 Science) or,
Evaluation– Based on Assignments (theory+ practical), Term end Examinations (theory + practical) and Project work (viva voce + Report) Course Coverage – Theory, Practical and Project Work.
- Graduate of IT or Computer Science with interest in Cyber Security.
- Graduates with Diploma in Cyber Security/ Information Security.
- Graduate or Post graduate in any discipline Interested in IT / Cyber Security as a career.
- Persons with Cyber security experiences in Security Audit and Incident Reporting.
- Information Security, Government and Legal Professionals.
Pedagogy: The Course shall be taught through the interactive,
- Self-guided Learning Materials,
- OERs as reference materials,
- Week-end Counseling Classes,
- Video Lectures, Project Work.
Programme activated in following Study Centres:
- Govt. Autonomous College, Angul (0101)
- Fakir Mohan Autonomous College, Balasore (0201)
- Ravenshaw University, Cuttack (0703)
- Regional College of Managment, Bhubaneswar (1904)
- Vikram Deb (Auto) College, Jeypore (2001)
- G.M. University, Sambalpur (2801)